I write to keep contact with you guys and to document my attempt at Python. Cheese.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Hello World!

"There is a tradition that whenever you learn a new programming language, the first program that you write and run is the 'Hello World' program - all it does is just say 'Hello World' when you run it. As Simon Cozens (the author of the brilliant 'Beginning Perl' book) says, it is the traditional incantation to the programming gods to help you learn the language better."--Byte of Python:First Steps

print "hello world"

-- the first line of python I had ever written. With pride flowing through my veins, I proceeded to execute the program to please the gods:

james@Eddie:~$ python helloworld.py
python: can't open file 'helloworld.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
programming god: PWNED NOOB

No comments:


And to Wob, "MY BLOG."